1. Afranet is ranked 1st by the Iranian Informatics Council
for the provision of Information Systems Services within Iran. (See High Council of Informatics Rankings)
2. Afranet’s satellite ground station was inaugurated
by the Minister of Industries in 1999, making Afranet the first Internet Company
in the Private sector to have direct satellite access to the Internet Backbone.
3. Afranet successfully hosted the National
university Exam results website which had over 1,200,000 visitors with millisecond
response time - recording the most viewers to an Iranian website in a day.
4. Afranet holds the record for the most concurrent
(over 20,000) viewers to an Iranian website (national university entrance exam results’
5. Afranet hosted the first M-Commerce website
in Iran which provided results for the national university entrance exam via SMS messages
to mobile phones.
6. Afranet is the first Iranian ICP (internet Connection Provider) in the country to hold a RWTUV certificate. (2003)
7. Afranet has been an active organizer of free
conferences, classes, seminars and workshops aimed at promoting and expanding the
culture of internet use in the country, since 1999.
8. Afranet pioneered the use of E1 lines for Internet in Iran.
9. Afranet pioneered the use of IN (Intelligent
Network) lines for Internet and Telephone in Iran.
10. Afranet is the first company to provide
Intelligent Internet (Easynet) and Intelligent Telephone (Easyphone) services in
11. Afranet is committed to discharging its
social responsibilities and is active in:
- 50% discount to 300 schools nationwide.
- Provides financial assistance to orphans.
- In collaboration with UNICEF, affords financial and logistical support for rural
- The provision of free University Entrance Exam results to over 30,000,000 students
- Afranet provides financial support for SchoolNet – A project to provide free internet, I.T. equipment
and training to schools.